Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator
A large mural created by young people of York in care.

Your future

Your foster carer/key worker and social worker will help you to think about your future.

After you are 16 years old your social worker will work with you to help plan for your future; this is called your Pathway Plan.

The plan should say how the City of York Council will help you to develop your independence and think about where you will live, what education, training, or employment you are interested in and to help you achieve the things you want in life.

This plan should say what help you will get when preparing to leave care and what support you will get after you have left.

You will get a Pathway Worker at 17 years old, who will continue to support you with your Pathway Plan and help you get the support you would like.

After you turn 18 years old, although you are no longer a child, you will still have support from the pathway service until you are 25 if you would like this.